Once Upon a Time VII
Hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
This non-challenge runs from March 21 through June 21st. There are several different "levels" of participation. Reading can be done in these broad categories: Fairy Tale, Folklore, Fantasy and Mythology. To read complete details, visit the sign up post HERE.
I am taking The Journey...
(From Carl) This is really as simple as the name implies. It means you are participating, but not committing yourself to any specific number of books. By signing up for The Journey you are agreeing to read at least one book within one of the four categories during March 21st to June 21st period.Just one book. If you choose to read more, fantastic! If not, then we have still had the pleasure of your company during this three month reading journey and hopefully you have read a great book, met some interesting people, and enjoyed the various activities that occur during the challenge. It has always been of utmost importance to me that the challenges that I host be all about experiencing enjoyable literature and sharing it with others. I want you to participate. Hence, The Journey.
So, I am committing to reading at least one book, but I'm really hoping I can read more. For now though, let's start off small, shall we?
My list of potentials:
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
She by H. Rider Haggard
The Once and Future King by T.H. White
I reserve the right to add more if the mood suits me.
Spring Reading Thing 2013
Hosted by The Musings of a Book Addict
Guidelines (taken from the host blog):
- Make a list of books you want to read or finish reading this spring. Feel free to modify the list as you go along if it isn't working for you.
- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky below.
- Check out other participants' lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
- You may begin reading on the 20th! The challenge goes from March 20th to June 20th.
- Write a post about your challenge experience in June, telling us all about your experience and whether you reached our goals. REMEMBER: this is a low-pressure, stressfree challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this spring (and enjoy it!) that's good enough for me.
If you sign up by midnight on March 24, you are eligible for a prize if you sign up and post a wrap-up. Go HERE for details and sign up.
My (tentative) list...at least a couple will be from the Once Upon a Time list (see above):
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Flesh by Khanh Ha
The Arrow Chest by Robert Parry
Wildish by Robert Parry
The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau
Blood Between Queens by Barbara Kyle
Roses Have Thorns by Sandra Byrd
Night Demon by Lisa Kessler
Murder as a Fine Art by David Morrell
Silk Road by Colin Falconer
Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue
Okay, okay...I have to stop! This list might change a bit...more might be added, some might be taken off.
Here we go!