Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Chills Reading Challenge

***Scroll down for wrap-up***


The Summer Chills Reading Challenge is hosted by Kai at Fiction State of Mind.

(Click the image or link above to sign-up)

Here are the details from Kai's blog:

Here is how it works:

1) To the Linky! Link up your intent to join and share your reading list below. Also add this great button the wonderful Michelle of TRUE BOOK ADDICT made for me to your posts. (yup, I created the button)

2) READ! Anything that is thrilling , chilling, horrifying and macabre!

3) Come back on June 22nd to see my reading list and enter for a mystery prize pack. It's a mystery because it will be swag from ALA Annual which I will be at that weekend! I also will have prize packs in July and August! I'm putting together some guest posts and some challenges as well.

4) LINK UP ! Share your reviews. Winners will be picked from linked reviews. I hope you guys join me and if you have any suggestions let me know :) 


Challenge runs from June 22 through August 31.

So, what delicious scariness will I be reading?  I'm not committing to all of these, but I will be choosing from this list:

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith 
Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
Dead in Dixie...Sookie Stackhouse Omnibus-Books 1-3 by Charlaine Harris
The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice
Salem's Lot by Stephen King
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Secret of a Spicy Jalapeno by Charlie Courtland

Wrap-Up

I ended up reading only one book from this list and still have not finished Abraham Lincoln: VH! UGH! However, I did finish several scary books that were not on this list.  A great zombie book and a thriller.

From the list
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson review
White Lies by Jeremy Bates review
The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle review

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated!