Sunday, February 27, 2011
UPDATED: April 30, 2011
The Alphabet Challenge is being hosted by The Life (and lies) of an inanimate flying object.
*Click the button to sign up for this challenge
1. 26 books!
runs January 1st 2011 –December 31, 2011. For each letter, read a book that has a main character or key supporting character (not some random minor character mentioned twice!) whose name starts with that letter. It doesn’t have to be the title of the book, just the name. Ex: Alice (in wonderland), Bella (twilight), Cathy (Wuthering Heights), Dracula (Dracula) Estella (Great Expectations), etc.
2. only one letter per book!
3. Crossovers are fine
4. audio, e-book, bound book, someone reading it out loud to you, reading a book to your little brother or sister, it all counts.
5. any length—short stories, books of the Bible, etc. they all count for this one.
6. Don’t have to be a blogger, don’t have to review the book. Just tell me you're participating. Goodreads is a great way to keep track of books for non-bloggers (make a shelf for this challenge and keep track of them that way!)
Level 1: 10 Letters
Level 2: 20 Letters
Level 3: Completes all 26 letters (yes, that means X and Z and Q. I’m sure you can find something.)
Level 1 for me, to start off!
1. B=Becky in Blue--Lou Aronica
2. J=Juana in The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner
3. M=Maeve in The Raven Queen by Jules Watson
4. D=Daniel in My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
5. A=Alice Perrers in The King's Mistress by Emma Campion
6. E=Elizabeth Stuart in The King's Daughter by Christie Dickason
7. C=Cecily of York in Queen By Right by Anne Easter Smith
8. S=Sugar in Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
9. L=Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
10. K=Kate Bradley in Night Walker by Lisa Kessler