Savvy Verse and Wit. Click the button to sign up.
DETAILS AND RULES:
So I’m challenging every reader and all your friends to join the year-long 2011 Fearless Poetry Reading Challenge!
My poetry reading challenge is meant to be easy and to challenge everyone to read just 1 book of poetry, whether its contemporary or classic doesn’t matter, as long as you read one. You can even wait until midway through the challenge and join the read-a-long of a poetry book that I’ll be selecting.
It also doesn’t matter if you like all the poems or not or whether you understand every phrase or line. This is the challenge in which you Give Poetry a Chance!
FAILED CHALLENGE--MY APOLOGIES, SERENA, AS I PLANNED ON COMPLETING THIS. I'M DETERMINED TO ADD POETRY TO MY READING LIST IN 2012 SO I MAY SIGN UP AGAIN.
But remember that as long as you read 1 book, you’ve completed the challenge. You can’t fail if you just give poetry a try.
If you need direction or suggestions, you can check out my previous reviews or leave a comment about the type of prose writing you enjoy and I can try to match you with a book or poet.
1. 2011 Fearless Poetry Reading Challenge will run from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2011.
2. Read 1+ books during the year and post a review.
3. Leave a link to your review in the Mr. Linky. (at Serena's blog)
My possible list:
1. A Few Figs from Thistle by Edna St. Vincent Millay
2. Renascence and Other Poems by Edna St. Vincent Millay