Friday, June 22, 2012

Once Upon a Time VI--Wrap-Up


Well, this lovely challenge has once again come to an end and I didn't do too bad this time, except for the short story part, which I did not do.  Here are my final stats:

I committed to read at least one book.  I read:

The Dragon's Harp by Rachael Pruitt
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll


(linked titles are reviews)

Movies, etc.:
Snow White and the Huntsman--I really liked it.  I know all the Kristin haters out there judged it by her performance (honestly, I don't think she's a bad actress.  Her performance in The Runaways showed me that she can act), but I thought it was a great retelling of the classic fairy tale.  And Charlize Theron was phenomenal in her role.  Definitely worth a watch, in my opinion.

Grimm and Once Upon a Time TV series:
I love both of these shows for different reasons.  Grimm is like a fairy tale XFiles (I LOVED that show).  For those who watched XF, that should be explanation enough.  Once Upon a Time is just a lot of fun  and more close to the classic fairy tales...with a twist.  And the evil queen, bitch that she is, is endlessly entertaining.

Thanks again to Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings for hosting.  Now to look forward to R.I.P. VII in the Fall.  Can't wait!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I also love the Once Upon a Time TV show. And Lewis Carroll is such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated!