2014 Chunkster Challenge, hosted at the dedicated blog by Vasilly at 1330v. Click the links, or the image above, to sign up.
Wondering what’s a chunkster? A chunkster is an adult or YA book, non-fiction or fiction, that’s 450 pages or more.
Rules for this challenge:
- Audio books and e-books are now allowed. You want to listen to a chunkster on audio? Be my guest.
- Essay, short story, and poetry collections are allowed but they have to be read in their entirety to count.
- Books may crossover with other challenges.
- Anyone can join.
- You don’t have to list your book ahead of time.
- Graphic novels don’t count. Sorry guys but reading a chunkster graphic novel isn’t the same as reading a non-graphic chunkster.
Don’t get me wrong. This is still a reading challenge. Challenge yourself without being locked in to a certain number. If you didn’t read any chunksters in 2013 and want to change that in 2014, come up with a number and try to read that amount.
I understand that chunksters can be a bit intimidating. My goal is to encourage as many people as possible to give chunksters a try. We all love short books because we can get through them in a sitting or a few days. It’s different with chunksters. With chunksters, you have to slow down and take your time. The Chunkster Challenge is all about having fun and reading good books.
I'm going to set a modest goal of 5 chunksters. If I surpass that before the year is done, I'll up the ante...
(All details were taken directly from the challenge host's site, linked above)