UPDATE: I have taken over this challenge. The dedicated blog is here.
I've decided to take on Bella's, at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf, 101 Fantasy Reading Challenge. I'm going to follow her lead and pick 30 books (of which I already own)...15 from the actual 101 and 15 from the rest of the list.
Addendum: I'm adding one more book to the latter 15...I recently acquired The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss so I'm adding it to the list. This brings my total to 31 books!
So here are the rules:
1. Pick the number of books you want to read. It can be a mixture of the top 101, and/or the whole list. For example, you might want to aim to read 5 from the top 101 and 5 from the rest of the list.
2. Create a list of the books you want to tackle. You can create a list now, or add them as you go. Completely up to you.
3. This challenge is now a perpetual challenge.
4. Please post the direct link to your 101 Fantasy Reading Challenge post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
Click on Bella's blog title above to go to the Mr. Linky and sign up. Be sure to do your post first and then link it there.
Here is the PDF version of the entire list of the 101 of the Best Fantasy Books.
Now, on to my list!
- New Moon--Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse--Stephenie Meyer
- The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin