Monday, November 2, 2009

RIP Challenge 2009 (original post from TTBA August 2009)

I have been wanting to do a challenge since I started my blog in early August, but there are so many out there, I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed. Then tonight as I was looking through the new posts of blogs I follow, I saw the RIP Challenge on Bibliofreak's blog. This challenge is hosted by Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings and it consists of the following guidelines:




Choose from these genres:

mystery
horror
gothic
dark fantasy
suspense
thriller
supernatural

The number of books that have to be read are 1, 2, or 4....very easily accomplished!
This challenge runs from September 1st through October 31. A very Halloween appropriate challenge!

So now, without further ado, here are the books I have chosen to read (I'm doing four!):

(Addendum: I'm adding a couple more books to the pool because I need to read these before the movies come out in October)

1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
2. 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs
3. The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
4. Elsewhere by William Peter Blatty
5. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
6. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

I'm excited that my first challenge is in one of my favorite book genres--horror and the like! I am SO ready to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated!