ALL 2010 CHALLENGES ARE A FAIL DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS
This challenge is being hosted by Hey Lady! Whatch Readin'?
Here it is laid out to make it easier for you to see:
O – Joyce Carol Oates
A – Margaret Atwood
T – Leo Tolstoy
E – Ernest Hemingway
S – John Steinbeck
I’m nothing if not a fan of changing things up, so if there’s a literary author on par with any author already on this list, and their last name begins with A, T, E, or S (come on, this is the O.A.T.E.S. challenge, you can’t substitute anything for Joyce!), then you can substitute that author in. For example, if you wanted to substitute George Eliot for Ernest Hemingway, you could. Or if you wanted to substitute Mark Twain for Leo Tolstoy, you could and I would probably even encourage you in that! Because I think Tolstoy’s shortest book (not including short stories, because duh, those are short) is a million pages.
Here’s the rules/details:
- The challenge goes from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Anyone can participate! You do not need a blog!
- Challenge books can overlap with other challenges.
- You do not need to pick your books in advance.
- You can change levels mid-challenge!
- Instant OATES – 1 book
- Old Fashioned OATES – 2 books
- Rolled OATES – 3 books
- Steel Cut OATES – 4 books
- Whole OATES – 5+ books
UPDATE: I'm not sure if instant OATES meant 1 book from each author or just 1 book from one of the authors so I'm going to do 1 book from 1 of the authors.
Here are my authors:
O -- Joyce Carol Oates
A -- Margaret Atwood
T -- Rose Tremain
E -- Umberto Eco
S -- Sigrid Undset
Subject to change:
1. My Heart Laid Bare--Joyce Carol Oates
2. The Handmaid's Tale--Margaret Atwood
3. Restoration--Rose Tremain
4. The Name of the Rose--Umberto Eco
5. The Master of Hestviken--Sigrid Undset