Monday, January 17, 2011
VALLEY OF THE KINGS READING CHALLENGE 2011
Valley of the Kings Reading Challenge 2011 hosted by Strange and Random Happenstance
*click button to sign up
(1) Timeline: January 1st, 2011 to December 31st, 2011
(2) Post about this challenge on your blog stating that you are participating. That post is the link that you will include in the Mr. Linky below. The link should be the post link not just your blog link. But you don't have to have a blog to participate! You can be like a guest blogger here and I'll post your review.
(3) Grab the button and display it in the post (use grab code underneath the button) or on your sidebar so others can join in the fun.
(4) You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you are participating in.
(5) You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
(6) Only print books and ebooks count (no audiobooks).
(7) The book doesn't HAVE to be set in Egypt, but has to be significantly about Egypt. For example, the 2nd and 3rd Theodosia books by R.L. LaFevers aren't set in Egypt, but they're all up in the artifacts and mummies.
(8) Choose from one of the five levels:
Hawk Horizon: 1-5 books.
Ibis Incline: 6-10 books.
Jackal Jetty: 11-15 books.
Feline Flats: 16-20 books.
(9) I will have a page dedicated to you, so you can link up your reviews!
(10) At the end of the year I will pick a participate to win a prize. Could be random, could be most books read, could be best review... we'll just have to see how I feel when the time comes.
I LOVE books about Egypt! When I saw this challenge, I knew I had to sign up! I'm going to do the modest thing again and start out at the Hawk Horizon. May go up later. I know I have three Michelle Moran books associated with the Egyptian culture that I've been itching to read.
1. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
2. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
3. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
4. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff (completed)