Did not complete.
*Click the above links or image to sign up
My purpose of creating this challenge was to read more of one of my favorite genres while also discovering new authors. Because I did not "complete" any part of the challenge last year as I outlined in the rules, I've decided to change it this year.
- Challenge runs from January 1 - December 31, 2012. Sign up ends February 1, 2012.
- Each letter represents the last name of the mystery author. G= for Sue Grafton.
- You decide your level.
- Mystery genre can include Cozy, Suspense, Thriller, or Noir. All Adult novels please.
- Sign up on Mr. Linky.
- Write a post about this challenge and what letters you want to read. You can list the authors you choose or do it as you go.
- When you post your reviews, mention this challenge and link back to this sign up post.
I failed miserably at this challenge last year. Frankly, I really slacked on keeping track so not even sure if I completed any of the letters at all. So this year I'm starting fresh. I'm so glad that Michelle is letting us decide our own level. Michelles rock, don't they?! ;O) Since it looks like she is going to continue this challenge from year to year, I've devised my own system for completing the challenge. I've split the alphabet up by odd and even numbers. Like this:
Odd letters: A-C-E-G-I-K-M-O-Q-S-U-W-Y
Even letters: B-D-F-H-J-L-N-P-R-T-V-X
Then I'm going to take half of one set of letters each year. Y and Z will be bonus letters, if I happen to find a qualifying book by an author with a Y or Z name. This year, I'm going with even letters B-D-F-H-J-L. I chose these letters because I have books on my shelves that I've been wanting to get to for some time which are by author's names starting with these letters. Here's my list (I reserve the right to change my mind at any time regarding book selection):
D House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (March)
F In The Woods by Tana French
H Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart
L The Bottoms by Joe Lansdale