Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Truth in Fiction Challenge

Did not complete this challenge.


The Truth in Fiction Challenge is hosted by Fig and Thistle.

*click the links above or the image to sign up

Details:
Challenge runs from 01/01/12 - 12/31/2012

Goal: read a specified number of book pairs that are comprised of one fiction book and one related non-fiction book. Think outside of the box; the non-fiction book could also be journals, letters, memoirs, etc.... The pairs needn't be exact matches, although there should be an easily detectable common thread. Overlapping with other challenges is fine.

The catch: Instead of individual reviews, after each book pair write a joint review. For example, if I read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and then The Journals of Sylvia Plath then my review post will be focused on both books.

Levels:
Freshman: 1 pair
Sophomore: 2 pairs
Junior: 3 pairs
Senior: 4 pairs
Masters: 5 pairs
PhD: 6 pairs
Professor: 7 pairs

I'm going to start off committing to Freshman: 1 pair, but I may move up higher.   Not sure if that's allowed or not, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it...unless my hand is slapped. ;O)

Ideas (I will choose from one of these pairs or I may do both and move up to Sophomore level):

Fire From Heaven (Alexander the Great #1) by Mary Renault
and
In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great by Michael Wood 

OR

To Be Queen by Christy English
and 
Eleanor of Aquitaine: A Biography by Marion Meade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated!